Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pressed Tin Panels

I am a bit of a walking contradiction with my design style....I love modern colours and accessories, but I am so intrigued by heritage buildings, antiques and classic design. One thing I love about old buildings that you will hardly find today, is the pressed tin panelling often used for ceilings. It is charming, elegant and adds such fine detail to a room. Check these out from www.pressedtinpanels.com

CHARLTON



FISH SCALE


                                                                      LATTICE



What about this pressed tin cornice? This Ella May is my favourite




I love the pressed tin splashback in this kitchen

heritageceilings.com.au


This is a great way to break up a large wall or add detail to a hallway. I tihnk it works really well with the modern furniture too.

iwantiwantiwant.com.au

What are your thoughts? Do you like tin panelling? Would you use it in your home?


1 comment:

  1. I am definitely the same way: I love modern and heritage styles. I love the combination of modern and antique. The last photo is gorgeous! The blogger behind Door Sixteen does a really good job of combining the two styles. Reminds me of Domino magazine. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete